Paris School of Business Application Procedure
1. International Partnership Programs of the International MBA International Options
Students admitted to the International Master of Business Administration Program have the option of pursuing a portion of their studies at one of the foreign institutions in North and Latin Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
Two types of programs are available: the «Double Degree» program, and the «Study Abroad» program. These programs differ in terms of the degree that is eventually obtained, and in the admissions conditions required for participating students.
Double Degree Programs: The dual degree program is one in which the participating student are officially admitted as a degree seeking student to the partner institution. Students have the option to spend one semester in Paris, and two semesters abroad in a partner university. The
student pursues the MBA degree at the partner institution. Upon successfully completing
the requirements of the two schools, students will receive a dual degree from both institutions.
Study Abroad: International MBA students have the opportunity to participate in study abroad programs in North and Latin Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia, at one of our partner institutions. Students spend one semester in Paris, and one semester abroad in order
to receive their International MBA from our institution.
Please contact email@example.com for more information
Aside from the degree obtained thanks to the participation in each program, the key difference between the programs is the admissions requirements stipulated by each partner institution. In order to participate in the Double Degree program, the student must fulfil ALL admissions requirements of the partner institution.
Students who do not fulfil the admissions requirements will not be able to participate in the Double Degree program. The admissions requirements for the Study Abroad option are less stringent because the incoming student will not be obtaining the MBA degree of the partner institution.
Students who are not admitted to the Double Degree program do, in most cases, retain the option of participating in the Study Abroad program.
2. Procedures related to the Double Degree and Study Abroad programs:
- Students entering in the Fall Semester (late September entry) take the entire IMP (International Management Program) module of courses as part of the International MBA program. This semester lasts from late September until late December.
Upon successful completion of the IMP module, students will then transfer to the partner institution in which they have been admitted. They will begin courses at the partner institution during the spring semester.
Please note that starting dates at the partner institution vary significantly, according to the calendar of each partner institution. Dates vary from early January until late February.
Students wishing to obtain the Double Degree will, in most cases, need to spend up to one calendar year at the partner institution.
Students participating in the Study abroad option will need to spend from 6 to 9 months at the partner institution.
Students must fulfill ALL admissions conditions of the partner institution. Please note that most partner institutions require proof of aptitude in the English language. English language requirements can be fulfilled by taking the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 213) or the IELTS exam (minimum score of 6.0).
[NOTE: each partner institution has its own admissions criteria. Some partners have higher score requirements than other partners.]
- Students must present score results for one or both of these exams at the time the application to the partner institution is made. Double Degree programs in the United States require, in most cases, the submission of a satisfactory score for the GMAT exam. The GMAT exam score should be presented at the same time as the application to the program. In most cases, GMAT and TOEFL scores must be presented by October 1st.
- Students must successfully complete all courses in the International MBA program at the Paris School of Business.
- Students must submit a COMPLETE application to the partner institution through Paris School of Business.
- Students must submit all requested documents, along with the accompanying translations.
- Students must submit all previous academic transcripts in their original form, as well as letters of recommendation, CV, etc…
- Students must successfully complete all courses at the partner institution.
- Students must submit an MBA thesis in order to obtain the degree.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Double Degree has been designed in such a way as to permit certain courses taken at the graduate level to be recognized and transferred to the partner institution and applied as credits to the MBA degree at the partner institution.
These are known as “transfer credits”. Please note that transfer credits are accorded, most notably in the American academic system, ONLY for those courses for which a grade of B (or its equivalent) or better, has been obtained. Courses with a grade under the grade of B will NOT be recognized by the partner institution. In this case, the student may have to take more courses at the partner institution and need more time to finish the program. The cost of the program will also be higher.
Studying and living in a foreign country is undoubtedly one of the best ways to gain valuable international experience, and to improve one’s language skills. Participation in this program allows you to discover new cultures and peoples, as well as an educational system different from the one with which you are familiar. Studying abroad is an invaluable addition to your CV: it proves that you have an openness and adaptability above and beyond that of most people. In the age of globalized commerce, this is particularly valued by potential employers.
Students taking IMP courses pay the full tuition rate for these courses to Paris School of Business. In most cases, students pursuing the Double Degree or the Study Abroad options pay tuition fees directly to the partner institution.
- Any interested student must fill out the accompanying statement of intent and submit it to Nathalie Negre in the Paris School of Business office no later than September 30th.
Students must complete the application for the Double Degree or Study Abroad program in which they are interested.
NOTE: Students are responsible for fulfilling all application conditions.
Students will usually have to submit:
- The application form
- Standardized test results (TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, etc…)
- ORIGINAL transcripts from all previous schools attended
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal essay
- Application fees
- Statements of financial resources (enabling the student to obtain a visa for the foreign destination).
Tel.: 01 55 25 69 48